Have you recently had a plasma pen treatment, or are you considering getting one? One question you might be wondering is how long you need to wait between treatments for optimal results. Allowing for sufficient time between plasma pen treatments is crucial to avoid overstimulating the skin and causing damage and will enable the skin to heal and rejuvenate for optimal results fully.
What Is Plasma Pen Treatment?
A plasma pen treatment is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses a device to deliver a controlled electric arc to the skin’s surface, creating a small wound that stimulates the skin’s natural healing response and produces a rejuvenating effect.
Also, the produced plasma flash targets the superficial layer of the skin, causing controlled damage and stimulating the production of collagen, which tightens and rejuvenates the skin.
Plasma pen treatments can be performed on various body parts, including the upper and lower eyelids, necklines, smile lines, crow’s feet, forehead lines, jawline tightening & more, as well as address a range of skin concerns, such as wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, acne scars, and pigmentation.
How Often Can You Have Plasma Pen Treatments?
The frequency of plasma pen treatments depends on various factors, including the individual’s skin condition, age, and treatment goals. The importance of waiting between plasma pen treatments cannot be overstated, as it allows the skin to heal and recover fully and ensures optimal treatment results. The recommended time frame for waiting between plasma pen treatments may vary depending on the individual’s skin condition and treatment area.
However, waiting at least 6-8 weeks between treatments is generally advisable to allow for proper healing and collagen regeneration. Several factors can affect the recommended time frame for waiting between plasma pen treatments, such as the patient’s age, skin type, treatment area, and the severity of the skin concerns being addressed.
Additionally, the number of previous treatments received, the patient’s overall health, and their healing process can influence the ideal waiting period between treatments. Discussing these factors with a qualified plasma pen provider is essential to determine each patient’s appropriate treatment plan and waiting time.
What Benefits Does Plasma Pen Provide?
Here are some benefits of plasma pen treatments:
- Non-invasive. Plasma pen treatments are non-surgical and non-invasive, which means there is no need for any incisions, injections, or general anesthesia.
- Little to no downtime. Most patients have little to no downtime following treatment and can resume their normal activities immediately.
- Improves skin texture. The plasma pen treatment stimulates collagen and elastin production, improving skin texture, elasticity, and firmness.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles. The visibility of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, and forehead can also be reduced by the procedure.
- Improves skin tone and pigmentation. Plasma pen treatments can improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and age spots.
- Results are long-lasting. The results of plasma pen treatments can last up to three years, depending on the individual and the area being treated.
- Safe. Plasma pen treatments are considered safe when performed by a trained and experienced professional.
- Versatile. Plasma pen treatments can be used to treat various body areas, including the face, neck, hands, and even the stomach and thighs.
What Happens During The Procedure?
During the plasma pen procedure, the aesthetician or dermatologist uses a handheld device that emits a plasma arc to create tiny dots on the skin’s surface. The dots are formed by a controlled micro-injury to the skin, which promotes the body’s natural healing process, resulting in the production of new collagen and elastin fibers.
This process helps to tighten and rejuvenate the skin, resulting in a more youthful appearance. The procedure typically takes between 30 minutes to an hour to complete, depending on the size of the treatment area. Patients often see results as early as the first week, but optimal results take up to 12 weeks, with results lasting an average of 3-5 years.
What are The Recovery Time And Follow-up Appointments?
After a plasma pen treatment, the treated area may experience side effects over the next few days. The recovery time can vary depending on the individual, the treated area’s size, and the treatment’s intensity. Generally, it takes about 7 days for the skin to heal fully and for any scabbing or crusting to fall off.
To minimize discomfort and side effects after a plasma pen treatment, it is recommended to follow these tips:
- Avoid touching the treated area and keep it clean for the first few days.
- Apply a healing ointment or cream the provider recommends to the treated area.
- Protect the treated area from sun exposure and wear sunscreen on the treated area.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or activities that cause excessive sweating for a few days after the treatment.
- Do not apply makeup or other cosmetic products to the treated area until it fully recovers.
- If any discomfort is experienced, use a cold compress to help reduce swelling and inflammation.
Following the practitioner’s aftercare instructions is important to ensure optimal results and minimize side effects. Also, follow-up appointments may be necessary to monitor progress and determine if additional treatments are needed. The timing of these appointments will depend on the individual’s skin type, the treatment area, and the severity of the skin condition being treated.
During follow-up appointments, the practitioner may perform a skin analysis to assess the treatment results and determine if any adjustments need to be made. They may also provide additional skincare recommendations to help maintain the treatment results and prevent further skin damage.
More importantly, the recovery time and follow-up appointments will differ based on the individual and the plasma pen therapy received. It is always best to consult a qualified practitioner to determine the most appropriate treatment plan and aftercare instructions for unique needs.
Waiting between plasma pen treatments is important to allow the skin time to heal, minimize the risk of side effects and maximize the effectiveness of the treatment. Fine Line Aesthetics offers Plasma Pen, a new, revolutionary, and non-invasive procedure for lifting and tightening the skin. Ultimately, this FDA-approved treatment stimulates collagen and elastin production via fibroblasts, which significantly tightens, resurfaces, and regenerates the skin.